Information for Waukesha Pet Owners
The City of Waukesha requires all dogs and cats to have a license as proof your pet has received their rabies vaccinations. This must be updated annually, as the license expires each December 31st. For pet owners in Waukesha, your dog or cat only needs a license if they are over 5 months of age before March 31st. You must apply for or renew your license by April 1st each year.
- Spayed/Neutered Pets: $10.00
- Unaltered Pets: $20.00
- Late Fee: $10.00
Waukesha City Pet Limits:
- No more than 2 dogs per home (exception for puppies under 3 months of age)
- No more than 2 cats per home (exception for kittens under 6 months of age)
There are some additional exceptions for how many pets you are allowed in the city of Waukesha. Puppies and kittens are allowed to stay with their mother until they are fully weaned and able to be safely vaccinated.
Directions to Waukesha’s Animal Wellness Center:
- Head west on W Main St toward W Broadway (56 ft)
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto W Broadway (0.2 mi)
- Turn left onto W St Paul Ave (2.4 mi)
- Turn right onto W Sunset Drive
- Destination will be on the left
If your pet has not had a rabies vaccination or booster shot, it is time to come to Animal Wellness Center. We will give your dog or cat all their needed vaccinations and provide you the records you need to bring to the municipal offices. Our Waukesha facility is here to provide all the preventative care your furry family member needs.