Information for Milwaukee Pet Owners
The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) requires all dogs and cats living in Milwaukee County to have a license proving they have had their rabies vaccinations. The State of Wisconsin requires all dogs to have a license, usually available through local municipalities. Some areas require cats to have a license as well. Pit bull breeds are prohibited in South Milwaukee.
Cats are required to have a license in South Milwaukee.
- Spayed/Neutered Pets: $12.00
- Unaltered Pets: $24.00
- Late Fee: $6-$12
Any puppy or kitten over 5 months old after July 1st must have a license as well:
- Spayed/Neutered Pets: $6.00
- Unaltered Pets: $12.00
South Milwaukee Pet Limits:
- No more than 3 pets per home (exception for puppies and kittens)
Directions from South Milwaukee to Animal Wellness Center:
- Head south on 10th Ave toward Madison Ave (0.2 mi)
- Turn right at the 3rd cross street onto Marquette Ave (0.2 mi)
- Turn left onto S Chicago Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Your pets need to have their rabies vaccination and boosters to stay safe from illness and disease. Make your appointment with Animal Wellness Center now to get everything you need for your local South Milwaukee license.