Information for North Prairie Pet Owners
The Village of North Prairie requires all dogs and cats to be licensed. Dog owners must only provide proof their pet has received their latest rabies vaccinations while cat owners must show proof their cat is spayed/neutered and vaccinated.
- Spayed/Neutered Dogs: $15.00
- Unaltered Dogs: $17.00
- Spayed/Neutered Cats: $6.00
- Unaltered Cats: $11.00
North Prairie Pet Limits:
- No more than 2 dogs per home
- No more than 2 cats per home (exception for kittens under 5 months of age)
If you are moving to North Prairie and have more than 2 dogs, don’t worry! You will not be forced to give away your pets. Instead, you must get a license for each additional pet at the time of your move and each subsequent year. Current North Prairie residents may not exceed the 2 pet limit, except in the case of puppies and kittens who are unable to be separated from their mother or handlers.
North Prairie Directions to Animal Wellness Center of Waukesha:
- Head north on County Rd E/N Main St toward W Sadd St
- Continue to follow County Rd E 4.3 mi
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Sunset Dr
- Destination will be on the right
If your pet does not have a North Prairie license, it is time to come to Animal Wellness Center. We will use electronic medical records to keep tabs on which vaccinations and booster shots your pet needs each year.